Glowing and Healthy skin is wanted by every individual and one tries the best to achieve the same. Skin is the most exposed part of the human body. It has to bear all the thicks and thins of time and nature. The use of cosmetics is the most common thing for getting a healthy skin, but the authenticity of the cosmetic products is always in question. The people who are very particular about skin care are mostly aware of the laser treatment for the skin. Lasers are used to treat a wide-range of skin issues like acne, scars, pigmentation and even the removal of permanent tattoos. If one is planning to have a laser treatment, he/she can visit the New Age Laser medical clinic in Oakville.
According to American Society of plastic Surgeons, non-ablative laser treatments cost about $1,031 per session, while ablative treatments are about $2,330 per session.
Your overall cost also depends on the number of sessions, an individual needs, as well as the areas that need to be treated.
Some dermatologists might charge on per session basis. One can have multiple sessions of laser resurfacing until the desired results are achieved.
The Chronological Process
- Before laser skin resurfacing process is done, the skin needs to be prepared. This phase involves a series of treatments, which are done several weeks before the inception of the procedure. The purpose is to increase the skin’s tolerance to professional treatments. It can also decrease the risk for side effects.
- On the day of the procedure, the doctor will apply a topical anesthetic to the area being treated. This is used to reduce the pain during treatment and make you more comfortable during the course of procedure. If a large area of skin is being treated, your doctor may suggest a sedative or pain killers.
- Next, the skin is cleansed to remove any excess oil, dirt, and bacteria.
- The doctor begins the treatment, using the selected laser. The laser is moved slowly around the targeted area of the skin.
- Finally, the doctor will dress the treated area in wraps to help protect the skin at the end of the procedure.
How to select the Dermatologist
The whole nature of this procedure is very delicate, it’s important to get it done by an experienced dermatologist. Rather than settling on the first dermatologist you find, you might consider interviewing a few different candidates.
Before booking a laser skin treatment, ask your dermatologist the following questions:
- What experience does the doctor posses in laser skin resurfacing?
- How experienced is he /she with specific skin tone and other concerns?
- Does the doctor have a portfolio with before-and-after pictures from the clients?
- How might my health affect the results? Is there anything that is needed to be done ahead of time?
- What can be expected during recovery?
- How many sessions are needed to get a particular treatment done?
It’s also important to find a dermatologist who is board-certified personnel. This certification may be with the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery or with the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. Board certification ensures that you are working with a dermatologist who has extensive training and practice.